Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know how many turns back, from seated, the air mixture screws need to be? When I took my carbs apart for cleaning, the screws were backed out 3 full turns. My manual is in the mail and I am ready to put the carbs back on.

thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

3 turns isn't unusual. Why not just see how it runs when cleaned and reassembled before adjusting them at all.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

Hi Orbit, my manual says 1 1/4 turns for the 1980/81 and 3 turns for the 1982. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
imported post

I have an 80 and when the bike seemed to run good with three turns it ended up the jets were still dirty. once they were cleaned the 1 1/4 was much closer to correct

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

thanks for the input. I hope to have the carbs all clean. A couple of the pilots were clogged. They are hard to clean too as they are not removable.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
imported post

I have a question that fits this topic. Is there an o-ring underneath the spring for the pilot screw? If yes, is that o ring difficult to remove???

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

There is an o-ring. Mine were rotten. Went to the local hdwr store and purchase 4 tiny ones that work. Order of installation: o-ring, small washer, spring, mixture screw.

The site below is just like what the motostores look at in terms of service manual pics. Go under OEM parts, find your bike and what you want to look at. It's very helpful

http://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/Default.asp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.