Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Where is the stator/rotor located on a 1981 Honda GL1100 Goldwing? Right or left side of engine from the perspective when I am sitting on the bike?

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
imported post

Left side behind the shifter. Big round aluminum cover, can't miss it.

What's the problem? Don't go taking anything apart till you check with us.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Bike is not charging. I would like to test the voltage between each of the leads. Would you happen to know what that voltage should be?

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

check under stator testing in the index

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

trust me you dont want to do one if you dont have to i just did mine got the stator from j and p and the gaskets online all together about 200 bucks in parts

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

Stator is rear left of engine. Look for 3 yellow wires in a black coat going to a plug under your battery cover. Check that plug for melting. Cut the plug out & hard wire together. Testing 3 legs You should see over 50 volts on each one.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
imported post

hi, is this the cover to take off to turn the engine by hand ? ive been told its behind the stator cover but not sure where the nut to turn it over is, i'm new to hondas so need all the help i can get, im having starter trouble as you can see from my posts, i got the thing to turn over in high gear by turning rear wheel, but still curious where to go to turn it over with a wrench, dont you hate dummies? lol, someone should write a hondas for dummies book lol

thanks

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

There is a nut/cover on the stator cover 17mm I think, you take that off..then inside there is a 12mmm bolt you'll need a wrench with a slight angle to it..like the one in the tool kit..note only turn it clock wise or you'll loosen it!! Not a good thing..take plugs out easier to rotate.

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
imported post

If all you need is a test to see if stator is good see the 4 page post bike..and Dennis, I just did an example of testing without spending money and time, you will need a volt tester and a specific gravity tester that looks like a turkey baster.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.