Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have a GL1100 that would start immediately but would not idle well/stalled. I put straight seafoam into the carbs (disconnected the fuel line from the fuel pump,attached a line from a can of seafoam, and ran the starter to pull the seafoam into the carbs) in the hope that it would clean out the idle jets. I've re-attached the fuel line but now I can'tget the bike to start/fire. Is it just a question of pulling enough fuel into the carbs or haveI made things worse?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I suspect the Sea Foam is still in the carbs. You can run on a pretty heavy mixture of Sea Foam and gas but not on the pure stuff. Shut off the fuel petcock and remove the drain screws on the carb bowls to drain the Sea Foam out. Then try starting the bike again with gasoline in the carbs.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
imported post

Seafoam is intended to be run through as a mix. I don't think you have damaged anything but you will have to get a mix of gas into the carbs in order for it to fire.

exavid is right on with his advise to drain the carb bowls. You might also be able to get her to fire by introducing gas in the same way you did the Seafoam.

If the idle jets are not your problem then I would recommend a carb synch to help smooth the engine idle. It did wonders for mine. Last ditch would be a carb rebuild. Randakk makes the best rebuild kits by far.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.