Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been working on this project off/on for a few months and finally got her to turn over after replacing the starter and doing a carb rebuild. While attempting to sync the carbs I get this reading on 1 and 3 that stikes me odd.
Right exhaust runs cool air and about half the pressure judging by touch.
Comments, questions, suggestions?

Attachments

·
Administrator
24,508 Posts
Did you forget to upload a pic?

·
Administrator
24,508 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry I had tech issues uploading pictures and the video i have was too large. Ill get on it now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the replys already!
To address the comments already; Carb pic is during dissassembly.
I didnt take many pics once I got momentum putting it all back together.
These are the guauges im going off of on intake 1 and 3.
The needle flickers between 0 and 5 units in a red zone indicating possible late valve timing?

Attachments

·
Administrator
24,508 Posts
Thanks for all the replys already!
To address the comments already; Carb pic is during dissassembly.
I didnt take many pics once I got momentum putting it all back together.
These are the guauges im going off of on intake 1 and 3.
The needle flickers between 0 and 5 units in a red zone indicating possible late valve timing?
So, have you replaced the timing belts? If not it's time anyway and if so maybe you got the cam off a tooth or 2, or someone else did. Or just maybe you need to continue with the synch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, have you replaced the timing belts? If not it's time anyway and if so maybe you got the cam off a tooth or 2, or someone else did. Or just maybe you need to continue with the synch.
If the timing belt was off wouldnt 2 and 4 be compromised as well? Left exhaust is hot and putting out good pressure.
Will consider swapping.

·
Administrator
24,508 Posts
If the timing belt was off wouldnt 2 and 4 be compromised as well? Left exhaust is hot and putting out good pressure.
Will consider swapping.
No, there are 2 belts,
Will consider swapping.
1 for the right and 1 for the left. If you don't know the age of them replace them. Gates T274 $35 to $40 at NAPA for the pair.

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
I agree with Dave. You have to start with basics. It is obvious you are not making power on one or more likely both of the cylinders. Maybe start with finding if they have compression? If you have no gauge check to see that they at least have thumb compression. (Plug spark plug hole with finger while cranking the engine) If both cylinders have compression check for spark. If they have spark you probably have a carb issue yet. If you spray some gas in to the carbs does it come to life? If so the carbs are not doing there job.
A cold muffler is a dead give away. That side is not making power. No burned fingers, no power. :)o_O

1 - 15 of 15 Posts