Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all, in 2006 my Goldwing will be able to get the cheaper insurence, my problem is, I am painting my bike now and would like to know what stock colors were in 1981 for the interstates, and paint chips to see them, even on the internet will be fine.

thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Only two colours for 1981, Candy Burgundy (code r114cu) and Metallic Blue-Black (don't have the code for that one, sorry). I hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

If anyone found out the code for the Metallic Blue-Black can you let me know please? A friend of mine needs this as soon as possible.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
imported post

My 81 Wing is Blue-Black, if you can tell me where to find the Paint code, I will be glad to send it to you.

Jimmy

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

I have an '81 Blue-black Interstate as well. I think the code is under the tank shelter? Can't recall seeing it, but then again, I haven't looked for it either.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Found this with Google.com. Maybe it will help....

Found the paint code. Honda code B100MU, Color Rite code 2001L. Blue/Black was a way to describe what I have. This code is the same for the 1982 GL1100. Honda calls it Cosmo Black Metalic and Color Rite calls it Black Poly at a price of 119 per quart. Thanks for the help.

Rod

Raymond

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

B100MU is correct, I checked it last night on a friends 81. I was even surprised that the sticker was still there after nearly 25 years!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.