Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

is the number 3 carb the same as the others as far as the idle jet opening going to the air cutoff area as well as the intake chamber and the idle mixture pilot screw area. I seem to be clogged goingto the air cutoff area. I have tryed shooting air from the compressor and using carb cleaner over and over again but it would seem as thou this area is not supposed to be an open area. any suggestions.

·
Administrator
26,198 Posts
imported post

Everthing is the same on #3 as on the others except the accelerator pump and the vacuum port for the advance. You may have to pull the jet to clean the holes in the side of it. You can do it with a small sheet metal or dry wall screw and pliers.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

even thou these are factory pressed in youo can still pull it out of there? and if in fact you can actually pull it out how much pressure does it take to come out. I would be afraid to break something.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
imported post

Yes you can - freaked me out to begin with. I finally just put the carb on the floor with my feet gently on opposite sides and gently worked the jet out. That was the only way I could get the jets clean.

As to the amount of force needed, it's one of those "just enough" kind of things. As you pull, pull straight up and it will let loose all at once.

·
Administrator
26,198 Posts
imported post

I use side cutters to grip the screw and pry against the main jet tube (main jet removed), they come out pretty easy with leverage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.