Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

had engine out to put new starter clutch in.while mounting engine back in i didnt hang carbs first...now it seems like there is not enough room to get carbs back in???do i have to drop engine back down to get carbs back in???

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

found manual it said to remove no.1 and no.3 carb vacuum chamber covers???whats going to come out if i take covers off???

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

The only thing that will come out will be the spring that sets on top of the vacuum pistn and the underside of cap.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

The spring sets over the stem in the center of the piston and also a seat in the cap. Its easy to put back together.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

the carbs must be installed from the left side of the bike and you also need to remove the coolant pipe on top of the engine, the left side only.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

They slide in very easly. That being said if its your first time doing it it may seem impossible. Dont get frustrated and don't get rammy. Go slow and think it thro .
Kinda a bit like learnning to ride a bicycle.
Wilf

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

William_86 wrote:
the carbs must be installed from the left side of the bike and you also need to remove the coolant pipe on top of the engine, the left side only.
I didnt have to remove mine. It wasnt a problem.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

took no.3 vacuum cap off and they went right in!!!!now when i bolt them down do i use any sealer on the carbs to the head????

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

No. I would check the o rings and make sure they are pliable and smear a little vaseline on them and torque them down. Thats how I did mine and they sealed up fine.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

No sealant Al it isn't needed. Some grease or Vaseline will keep the o rings from falling out while you bolt the manifolds down.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.