Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First start's and run's great after about 5 minute's start's to miss on 1 or 2 cylinder's when warm's let cool down and fine again could it be coil's or cdi
gas is running fine and clean so not the problem filter is fine any help at all thank' cleveland fay nc newbi first goldwing like it a lot.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Sounds electrical to me, but I would run it until it acts up and open the gas cap to rule out a plugged vent. If you can tell which cylinders are missing, you could swap coils, etc one at a time to the opposite cylinders to see if the symptoms move with the component.

You should also take resistance readings at each coil (cold and warm) as a test.....

Run the bike in the dark, just idling ,and use a spray bottle to mist the coils, plug wires, and plug caps, a.d look for any arcing, etc...

Pulse generators also fail when warm....

Does sound electrical to me. I dont have specs, typing from my phone away from home but if you have a multimeter, you can compare pulse generator and coil readings with the other cylinders' components.....got a manual by chance? Good luck

Oh, when it acts up, if you can pull over safely and while idling, pull each plug wire one at a time and listen for a spark and note any running changes...will really help fix your bike to find out for sure if youre losing spark and where

·
Magic Moderator
4,862 Posts
Have you tested the Pulse Generators, one may be experiencing thermal breakdown and dropping out.
Pulse Generator Test.
Measure these resistances:
White and yellow leads (1-2 cylinders)
White/blue and blue leads (3-4 cylinders)
Service limit: 530 ± 50 Ohms at 20c or 68f (temperature).
They may be out of spec

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.