Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 1982 Goldwing with a Mustang seat; I find the seat to be uncomfortable after about 75 miles. My wife rides with me and has the same complaint. What have others found to be the most comfortable seat? I am 250 lbs and my wife is 160 lbs.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

Mabey a gel pack installation would work for you? Another awesome comfort tool is sheep skin!

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

Do you ride alot?? If not everyday or say 5 days a week then changing seats may not help much , you gotta get that butt conditioned.!!!!! There is no magic cushion. I have heard that additional seat cushions only work a short time ,,, I do use a sheepskin for long trips in the winter.I have only had stock seats and If for some reason ( like a knee surgery ) I can't ride then I have to go thru a re-breakin period and its uncomfortable for a few days.,,,,, but then after that I can stay in the saddle as long as there is gas in the tank!
Mustang makes a real nice seat , I would get some more time in before I changed. Butt hey it's yer arse,,, you know best.!!!

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

Hi classic rider, Welcome to a great forum from the North Country. I changed my seat for two reasons, and that is I'm short legged with only a 28" inner seam size. And the other was that the foam got old and broke down and no longer did the job on the stock one. I tried the gell pad - no good, the sheep skin no good. So I bought a new seat from Hartco in Florida and that didn't work out either, even though I talked to them five times over the phone for all the info they wanted. At the time my dollar was down and the shipping cost me $1000.00. Now, none of these seat companies tell you that there is a break in period of 3000 miles before it's broken in. I've been to most of there web sites and no mention of this at all. So it depends on your personel needs for a seat. I need low cut on the sides like the 1800 has. So good luck and let us know how it went and your choice. :waving: :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.