Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

just put new waterpump on.neutral light comes on in 4th gear now.so ive got to take it back apart.is the switch the one behind the oil filter mount with the t bar on it.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Yep that's the one, the cross pin on the switch has to fit into the yoke on the transmission. You need to have the tranmission in neutral and set the switch to neutral before putting the cover on. A simple way to check the switch position it to connect the switch to the bike's harness before you put the cover on and with the ignition key on turn the switch until the neutral light comes on. You can also check the position of the switch by using an ohmmeter. Just turn the switch until you see continuity to ground (0 ohms). Be sure to put the cover on straight onto the case, don't move it sideways or up and down much or you may misposition the switch. It's also important to align the waterpump shaft with the tip of the oil pump shaft before placing the cover on the engine.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

thanks for the info.i new it went to good going back togather.i lined the t bar up but i didnt turn the key on to see if the light was on so i guess ill try again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.