Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I bought a 1982 Aspencade this summer, and have ridden it for about 4 months, but just don't think it's the bike for me. If anyone is interested, I'm looking to either sell it outright or consider other bikes in trade. I have a newer Vulcan Nomad, so would really like a smaller, slightly newer bike for commuting. I'll consider most offers.

"Old Gold" is metallic brown & bronze 2-tone, with just over 89,000 miles. The rear tire is good, front tire will need replacing soon. I just had the seat re-covered and the front fender professionally painted. The pinstriping needs to be redone, otherwise, paint is in good shape for an '82. Suspension air compressor has been removed and suspension fitted with tire-type fittings. I am currently riding her daily, and just took a 300-mile trip this weekend, and there are no mechanical issues that I know of. Cassette player works fine, but the CB mike is gone, so I don't know if it works.

The Kelly Blue Book value is about $2600; I am asking $2000 or B.O.
The bike is in Peoria, Illinois, and you would have to pick it up and ride it home or truck it home. I can store it for the winter if you are willing to give me a nonrefundable deposit on the selling price.

More pictures available - PM me for more details.

EDIT: I removed the email address because robot trolls will snag it within hours.
John - For Sale Moderator

Attachments

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,661 Posts
imported post

Hello Nomad;

Welcome to our forum.

To be a "Good Goldwinger" please visit our New Members Forum and introduce yourself there. Then do please join in and add your knowledge to the forums.

A singular post from a new one makes it appear you only want to sell something and use our popularity for your own gain.

We would prefer to gain an acquaintance with you and make good friends.

If you are lucky enough to sell your bike, you are still welcome to stay and visit with us. Owning a Goldwing is not a requirement, but it is a plus to personal satisfaction :D

Luck to you.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
imported post

This is my bike except i live in MS. Mine has 36000 on it but the dadgummit radio doesnt work. If you decide to part this bike out which i dont think will happen please im me.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

Mike,

Would you be intrested in trading it for my 1980 Standard Goldwing? I believe you seen it at the Calhoun Rally in Sept. I have more pics on the botton links.

Thanks,

Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Nice looking bike.....

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

I think the total mine insured for was $3995.00 plus taxes and tite, for a total of 4,326.00.
Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I was recently asked about this bike, so I thought I'd let folks know that I traded it just a couple of weeks ago for a 2000 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic. It cost me a bit of cash, too, but the V-star is just what I needed for a daily commuter bike. Sometimes I miss the Wing out on the open road, but the new owner has plans to paint it blue and do some other cosmetic work on it, so it went to a good home.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.