Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I bought this bike based on the description obtained through a friend and I was under the impression the bike ran. It does not. The throttle bodies are locked up so I assume it had fuel left in it. The floorboards are missing, the tour back does not want to snap in, and there is wiring hanging from some of the lights on the back of the bike. The bike belonged to the daughter of theman I bought it from. All of the plastic is there and, for the most part, looks OK. The seat is cracked, grips are shot, and the usual old bike maladies. The camp trailer is old but intact although I would not sleep in it without reupholstering. The rig can probably be fixed but it is not worth the time and effort for me since I have two 1500's with matching cargo trailers. I am just trying to get my $1000 back.
The pics can be seen at the following url under Photos, 1982 Gold Wing,

https://landers-stephens.homeserver.com

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Bad link as it goes to Windows Server page.

You joined this form in 2009 and only 6 posts?

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Get Server page, look to right for little link for "photos" and click that. Get general thumbnails and guess which is for the bike.
First saying 82 Goldwing must be it since cats or events don't sound right LOL

It does look nice, too bad so far away and me no way to haul it back and no money for trip to buy it and pick up anyway.

If that is a camper trailer of some type some better pictures would be good. Just looks like a large cargo trailer to me in those pics other that the jack legs on front.

Is this unit in Vegas or out side Vegas close?

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Yes. Only 6 posts. The senior guys are way smarter than me when it comes to gold wings. I can fix your dirt bike backward and forward and can fix my two 1500 Wings but I am no expert so I leave the posting to those that are experts.

Chromo, you found the pics, obviously. I will try to get the camper set up so you (and others) can see pics of it. Henderson is a suburb of Vegas but you can't tell the difference leaving one to the other. I will probably have to ship it to someone since buyers will be few and far between.

Thanks for the replies.
Jeff

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
imported post

Will the bike turn over or is the engine locked up?

Just to make sure I understood, you want $1000 for the camper and the bike?

How long would you hold it for pickup?

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I have not tried to turn the motor. I can try that this weekend and get back to you. Other folks have asked to see the camper trailer set up which I will work on as well. Yes, asking $1000 for the camper and bike since cargo trailers are $3000 at any rally and my body shop friend can rehab it if I get to that point. I will hold for pickup as long as you like if you are serious. We can work out shipping, pickup, etc. as necessary. My home phone is 702-558-1754. email is [email protected]
Jeff

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
imported post

I wish I live somewhere closer to you, I would definitely find a way to buy it....wonderful bike and trailer at reasonable price. Being a GL, I bet a good DIY guru with a good workshop could bring it to working order with some effort and time.
Good luck with it!

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I didn't have much time to work on it this weekend but I did hook up a battery to it and the motor does turn over. I am working on the carbs to get them functional to see if it will run after I ensure that there is a fresh filter and oil in it. I didn't get the camper set up so I will have to work on that and get pics available.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Looks to me that Kimberly invested lots and took good care of it until it sat outside for whatever reason.

I'm glad we don't live close to each other. ;)

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Yes. Having bought this sight unseen, I am not a happy man since her dad let it go to hell. He has a white 1500 under covers which probably used to be nice as well. I didn't even ask him about it since I am sure it is in poor condition too. I have plenty to do with my army of Honda's that get used regularly. I don't need any project bikes. I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Beautiful rigs, both of them. So sad to see them in that condition.

Who knows? The bike just might fire up with a little work, wash and a polish.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

I added pics of the camper for those who have asked. I also put up a few pics of my blue cargo trailer for my 1990 1500. If I can't sell the 1982 rig, I will have my friend rehab it like that.
https://landers-stephens.homeserver.com then Photos on the right, then 1982 Goldwing.
Someone had asked about the ball size. 1 7/8 inches. Carbs are soaking.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.