Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just bought a 82 Aspencade with a matching Trailor. What were the Factory colors. The bike is greenish and gold the originalownerswears it has not been repainted but I cannot find any factory color to match it.

I have had three local paint shops look at it. All three said if it has been repainted it is the best they have ever seen.

I even stripped everything off the frame and still cannot tell if has been repainted.

My Question, is there a place on the web that shows all of the wings Colors :?

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Asylum! I don't recall any GL1100 being greenish. And the only painted parts would be the plastic pieces. Check the insides of the false tank cover, back of side covers, for maybe a hint..

I know of two colors off the top of my head for the '82 Aspencade was Silver Metallic and Brown Metallic.

Some of the lists online I have seen for color schemes are not quite accurate.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

Drag Accessories used to have a two-tone green Aspencade in their catalogue, but apart from that and a couple of pictures in books I've never actually seen one in the flesh as it were. Honda don't have a colour code for this either. I have heard and seen pictures of Goldwings with custom colours out of the factory and these are rare.

You could contact www.colorrite.com and ask them. They don't list this colour but sending them an e-mail usually results in them checking the older colours out.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

:cooler:Thanks guys for your reply, I found a green listed under the what to look for on used GL1100 Bike section,I would like to find a picture of one. I feel very lucky to own this bike, it is a 82 Aspencade ingreat condition. It has a matching trailor I do not think I will use but they sure look sharp together.I picked it up on Saturday.

GL1100's, Wineberry Red, brown, blue, black and a very rare green

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Don't let REDWING get you down on this red is the fastest color, my green 1200 was better looking than anything red including my current red 1500. Viva Green Wings! Mine was repainted but really looked great!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.