Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

need to do the brakes. fork seals. vavle cover gaskets.honda brand parts are still available for this bike.but the after market parts are a lot cheaper.price is not afactor for this kind of parts quality is.just wondering honda or after market.one more tires:shock:thinking of buying the 404 dunlops [email protected] limited choices for size of tires the bike takes

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
imported post

If price is not a factor, go with Honda OEM for much better quality on all the parts you listed. I would not put 404's on due to the weight limit. I've seen them separate and blow for no reason, other than the weight. If you need carb parts, go with Randakk.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

I have had 404s on my 1982 Interstate for two years, no problem. Even with my wife and on long trips.

However, others have complained about them.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

there are better tires out there than the 404s . dont skinp on tires and brakes !! you will regreat it ---later .

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

I gotta tell you there really aren,t many tires out there for the 1100s some will fit but are not touring tires and you need them cause of the weight of the bike so whatever you find stick with a touring tire.

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

I plaN TO PUT CAST WHEELS FROM MY 83 PARTS BIKE ON BUT YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE SWINGING ARM TOO AND I JUST DO NOT FEEL LIKE IT YET.
WITH THE CAST WHEELS YOU CAN RUN A MATCHED SET OF DUNLOP ELITE 3'S ,

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

:waving:Being an '82which takes the same size as the'83the followingtires are available. The Avon Venom whichis a high mileage touring tire whichI have on my '83 Interstate and with over 10,000 miles theyshow very little wear. Also Dunlop has the E3's whichis also a good touring tireand is available in the correct sizes. Below is a link to the Avon site.

I would recommend using only OEM parts such as filtes etc. Aftermaket items are available but for quality I have used only Honda OEM parts in thealmost 26 yearsthat I've had my GoldWing.

http://www.avon-tyres.co.uk/motorcycle/?page=fitment&method=fitments&manufacturer=31&id=703&model=&year=1982

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

THOSE AVONS ARE A LITTLE PRICEY AREN,T THEY?

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

picasso wrote:
THOSE AVONS ARE A LITTLE PRICEY AREN,T THEY?
:waving:No, out here Avon'sarea little cheaper than the Dunlop E3's.Total cost for the front tire was $189.49 andthe rear waswas $210.06 These prices included tax mounting and balancing.

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

man thats alot to pay for a dunlop E III I think ,I paid about 99.00 bucks for a front and about 135 .00 for a rear , thats mailorder from tireexpress.com . anything over 100.00 bucks shipped for free and 7.50 for anything under that and it gets to your house in 2 days.........and then 25.00 each for a mount and balance at the redneck cycle shop down the road. I use at least two sets a year so I got to be economical.:11black:

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

600 miles a week whats that a year? over 30,000. Besides this will only be my second 404 I have bought, only used E II's til they got hard to find then went to E III's and If I am short on cash then its 404's.

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
imported post

picasso wrote:
I plaN TO PUT CAST WHEELS FROM MY 83 PARTS BIKE ON BUT YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE SWINGING ARM TOO AND I JUST DO NOT FEEL LIKE IT YET.
I was able to take the wheels from an 83 Interstate and put them on an 82 Interstate with no modifications.

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

scotthohio wrote:
picasso wrote:
I was able to take the wheels from an 83 Interstate and put them on an 82 Interstate with no modifications.
I had no problems till I put an EliteIII mu90b16 on and the right side rubbed when I carried a passenger. The cast wheels are a little wider and Honda wisely saw fit to put a swingarm that was a little wider on the inside for more tire clearance on the 83.s, I decided I would not put the cast wheels back on til I could swap swingarms. Most likely you will not have a rub with a slightly more narrow tire.

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

I don't have an 82 model in my "junkyard' any more I totalled it completely or I would run out and see but I do have a running 81 and 80 and 83 carcasses. , the 82 could have the same arm as the 83

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

picasso wrote:
man thats alot to pay for a dunlop E III I think ,I paid about 99.00 bucks for a front and about 135 .00 for a rear , thats mailorder from tireexpress.com . anything over 100.00 bucks shipped for free and 7.50 for anything under that and it gets to your house in 2 days.........and then 25.00 each for a mount and balance at the redneck cycle shop down the road. I use at least two sets a year so I got to be economical.:11black:
:waving:I didn't buy Dunlop E3's, read again!

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

83GoldWinger wrote:
picasso wrote:
:waving:I didn't buy Dunlop E3's, read again!
yes I did read .....you said you paid less for the avons than the dunlops weere priced and I said I got my dunlops for less than you paid for the avons:p

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

To me buying a tire at a motorcycle shop is like you have too much money and need to give some away.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.