Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Mine is 3x16". Is there more thanone tire size for the 82. A salvage yard mechanic for 25 yrs ( and proud of it) told me the 82 is either 17 or 16. Sold me the wrong size wheel and then argued with me when I wanted my money back because he didn't have a 16"wheel. I told him my manual said the 82 had 16s and the 80-81 had 17s. He didn't care what my manual said:X

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
imported post

Dale,
You are correct, it is 16" for 82, 17" on 81. He may have pulled it off a 82 that he or someone put it on it to move it around but it's not correct. How is the project coming along? I picked up a 83 last year & spent 4 months restoring it. Good to be on the road again. Let me know if you need anything for it.
God Bless, Stu

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

Time to call a lawyer!!! and tell your friend whos very proud of being a yard mechanic that he has no business selling bike parts!!

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

The wheel looked exactly like the front and I could have bought a new 17' tire, but my tire was just new last yr. That's what he tried to get me to do. I told him I wanted a 16" like it came with. He called a couple other places and found one and was going to order it and I had to what a week. Finally after arguing with him for a while, he did give my money back and I bought a new wheel from a gent in Gibsonburg and he even dropped it off on his way through town to look at some Harley:?Parts. It turned out good

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.