Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all-

replaced old fork oil contaminated pads on the front brake calipers, then flushed and bled the brakes. ~3 months later, I get brake squeal from the front brakes(I think it is the right hand side). The noise occurs during the last 15 mph of the stop. Hard braking at speed, no noise. When I pull up to a stop sign, the last stop makes noise, and it is modulated. I've been using the rear brake to avoid the annoying noise, any idea what is going on? (warped rotor?)

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

A warped rotor wouldn't squeal. Sounds like dust on the pads or a pad gone shiny from the fork oil. That would make it squeal.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Sand off the face of the pad a bit, on a flat surface, put it back with either some anti squeal compound from a car parts store on the back or give it a light coat on the back with high temp grease.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
imported post

clean the caliper, pads and disc with a brake disc cleaner spray to remove the ingrained dust and any remaining oil.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

It's bound to be stuck dust or glazed pads. Blow out the dust and give the pads a light rub of sandpaper and all should be well again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.