Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have my GL1100 engine on the bench in pieces and have just had the left hand cylingers relined due to a Corrosion problem probably caused by a water leak in to the cylinders so time ago. I am not drawing up a list of new parts to order but..........

It seems that my model does not have the Oil thrower plate Plate comp. breather which should be around the bottom of the HYVO chainfitted and there are no fixing holes to bolt on one anyway.

Yet checking with the parts suppliers via the Honda parts manualthe Oil thrower plate is shown as a part 11130-463-000 Gl1100 1980 to 1983.

I also have a GL1000 which has this part fitted on it and the engine casing looks slightly different on the GL1100 in as much that the GL1000 has fixing holes in it for the Oil thrower plate.

Is my GL1100 differnet than the other GL1100's or is it anerror on the parts list.???????

Help!

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
imported post

Dave,

According to the Honda engine serial number you block is from a 1980 goldwing.

The only explaination i have for you is that someone has a spare oil thrower/Breather plate kicking around the workshop after a repair.

If i get started on the differences between the '80s and later this answer would go on for a while.

My '80 block that i sold a while back was a very low number "Made In Japan" pre-production engine, with a slightly different casting than my '81 engine.

Basically, anything is possible. I seem to remember reading somewhere that there wasa run of engines that didn't even have the tensioner !!!!

Dave.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Dave, but even if I have a plate there is no place to bolt it onto in the engine as the casting does not have the bolt holes cast in to it as my GL 1000 has????

rather strange????

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I now have a HAYNES maintenance manual that does not mention the Oil plate in question, nor does it show any photgraphs of it in the book. I can only assume that some 1100 engines have it and some do not!

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

If it has no holes to mount it, then it never had one. Honda is bad to make constant changes to their bikes without telling anyone. If it never had one it shouldn't need one, Honda probably installed one later as a "running change" for some reason or another. I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks for the assistance its highly appreciated as I thought something was amiss! Am not ordering the new bits and pieces to complete the engine overhaul.
David

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks for the assistance its highly appreciated as I thought something was amiss! Am not ordering the new bits and pieces to complete the engine overhaul.
David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.