1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi All,
82'GL1100A
My compressor pumps ok but there is air escaping from the unit,is there a fix for this or does it have to be replaced,could I bypass the air compessor & fit a hose & valve to manually pump up front shocks,my rear shocks are not air assisted,they were replaced a couple of years ago.

Any help would be appreciated.....Thanks

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

It's fixable. For starters find the source of the leak. Mix up some bar soap and water which works better than dish detergent and slop it on all the fittings and hoses to see if you can see any bubbles.If ou don't find an external leak it could be aleak in the valves in the control panel. Those are all repairable and fairly easy to clean so if you don't find any external leaks have a go at the valve switches. One other source of leaks are the forks and shocks. About the only way to eliminate them would be to plug the hoses one at a time going to the forks and shocks and see if the leak stops. If it does it's time to replace the seals in the shocks or forks.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
imported post

if yours is like my 82 there should be a valve on the air pump to manualy air it up.there valves under the rocker switches.you can replace tru.napa.ask for schrader valves.take old one with you.you say pump is leaking.are you watching the gauge.it will leak down.have you checked fluid in shocks.drain and refill with new oil.i run about 15#of air in mine seems ok if shocks are leeking make sure you replace all seals (and bushings)

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

The valves in the controls on the tank, are standard tire valves; 4 for $4.00 or so. Screw them out with a valve tool.

Or, you can get them for $18 each from Honda- hahahah

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thankyou all for your input,this Xmas has been very busy for me & I will be tackling this job over the holidays,I'll let you know how i get on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.