Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have completed my rebuild of my 1100. I discovered that I had aligned the left side pulley with the middle of the cylinder head instead of the left timing mark which is one notch below middle. This cost me the #4 Piston, the left side cylinder head and having to clean out little bits of piston from the entire casing. I now have a much greater understanding of how these amazing engines were designed. I started the rebuilt motor and it ran much better than it did before, amazing. I shut it down for the evening. I went to start it again the next day and it started to fire up one time and then no more spark, on any of the plugs. I confirmed this with my good ole xenon timing light that I have used before successfully on this bike. What did I do to kill it this time or is it just trying to torment me???

·
Administrator
24,508 Posts
The first thing to check is the kill switch. 1100s have 2 complete separate ignition systems with the power feed being almost the only thing they have in common besides the pulse rotor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have verified proper operation of the Run-Stop switch and the Clutch interlock. According to my Clymer book the Pulse generator measures correctly also. Thank you for your input though.

·
Administrator
24,508 Posts
I have verified proper operation of the Run-Stop switch and the Clutch interlock. According to my Clymer book the Pulse generator measures correctly also. Thank you for your input though.
The clutch interlock has nothing to do with ignition, it is for the starting system. Have you checked for power to the coils?

·
Administrator
24,508 Posts
Check for voltage on the black/white wire to the coils.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mystery solved. Referencing the parts list for the Alternator. part #11 92000-06014 is NOT the short 4th bolt that alternator casing on. It goes into the Pulser shaft to prevent part #3, the Advancer assembly from backing out like mine did. Non-Professional/Shade Tree mechanic error. Time to put the Refugee back together. I'm getting pretty good at this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts