Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got an 82 Goldwing and I have to do some work on it. At the moment, it's pouring fuel into one of the cylinders, so I need to pull the carbs and clean them, might as well do them all while I'm at it. I also need to get the fork seals redone, does anybody know how much this might cost? and if most places that work on bikes would do it? I'm not really sure how common air suspension is in bikes or if the onboard compressor complicates things for them.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Find a shop that is not a dealer. It can be done without removing the fork tubes with modified tools. 1 to 2 hours labor

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
27,122 Posts
If you can do carburetors you can do fork seals, not that hard to do. Here is a tutorial for 1200s, no difference really.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you can do carburetors you can do fork seals, not that hard to do. Here is a tutorial for 1200s, no difference really.
I'd prefer to take it in somewhere, I don't really have a way to keep the bike upright while messing with the forks, all I really have is it's built in center stand

·
Administrator
27,122 Posts
Most people just use the center stand and a jack...like the one in your car.
Or a lazy friend, have him/her sit on the back seat while you work on the forks. :ROFLMAO:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts