Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I’m seeking hopefully the right thing here. I am new to bikes I and I have a 82 goldwing 1100. It starts fine, idles fine. When it gets ridden for like 10 mins it has zero power and seems like it wants to die. I wanna learn about this stuff and not have to pay a arm and a leg to take it to a shop. Unfortunately it’s my only transportation at the moment

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
I bet the bike sat for a long period of time and the carburetors are plugged with varnished fuel. Need a carb cleaning/rebuild. Read about doing it before attacking the job. Too many just jump in and end up with issues and have to do the job a second and third time.

·
Administrator
26,544 Posts
Try loosening the gas cap.

·
Registered
201 Posts
My dad bought a NEW CX500 in 1978. I rode a Yamaha RD350 with all the stuff. It was FAST. One day my dad had left for work. He came back and took his bike apart. He pulled the air filter and it was full of dog food. He imedialty started giving me ****. I kept saying it wasn't me. Finally I showed him there was corn in there too. Mice had filled his air filter housing with dog food and corn, enough to slow the bike down.

My dad said "Well you are always calling it a dog"

You could pull the air filter. It takes a while, but it could be full of mouse stuff. Seen it a few times. Carbs could be full of varnish. Check the air filter first. Ignition coil could go bad when hot.
Start with the simple stuff
David

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I’m thinking fuel filter?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts