Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am begining to help my '83 1100. It has sat in a neighbor's garage for about 17 years. It has 33K miles, and never had any major issues. I know I will need to clean/seal the tank, clean/rebuild carbs, and flush brake lines and rebuilt calipers. How does that tank come out??

·
Premium Member
1,680 Posts
imported post

Remove seat ,saddle bags,top box. Remove saddle bag frame. Remove rear wheel and rear fender. Remove inner fender. You can now see the back of the tank and that is the way it has to come out. Be careful of wireing ,hoses,etc as you remove it.

You can download the manuel for it here in the forum. Welcome to the site.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks... I've removed the seat, saddle bags/trunk and the frame that supports them. You say the inner and outer fender and rear wheel - does the swing are need to come off too?

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

Evapo-Rust..Clean it while on the bike. Just besure to fill it with gas to keep it from flash rusting afterwards.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
imported post

It's my understanding that the tank will not come out through the rear of the frae. The motor has to be pulled and the tank comes out that way.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

Broke Winger wrote:
It's my understanding that the tank will not come out through the rear of the frae. The motor has to be pulled and the tank comes out that way.
:waving:The engine does not have to be removed to remove the fuel tank. Once the rear wheel/tire, both sections of the fender are removed, wires disconnected from fuel sending unit, tank bolt and crossplate removed the the tank can be moved rearward and out of the frame. This info obtained from my Honda GoldWing 1980-1983 Service Manual.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I'll second the motion, the tank comes our the rear of the bike just like it was giving birth. Don't forget to remove the petcock, it won't come out with that still on. Don't ask.:blushing:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.