Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi, I am at the moment having problems getting my bike started and its looking like being the starter motor but not confirmed yet. Working through the list of possibilities at the moment.

When trying to start the fan was running constant so i removed the connector plug to save on battery drain while attempting to start. While having the meter out i checked the voltageinside the connector that is showing just over 12v when ignition on.

I can only assume that someone has bypassed the sensor causing this to run full time ? Before stripping the fairing off again i just wanted to confirm this with some people in the know..

Thanks

Sean

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

or-- the temp switch has gone bad . caseing the fan to run all the time . not good . or--- the po has installed a switch to manualey turn the fan on and you havent found it --yet . just my 2 cents .

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
imported post

There is 12 volts to the fan all the time. The temp switch completes the circuit to ground.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
imported post

Yes it's either been wired direct or there is a switch. I'd bet on the wired direct.

Go to the how to section on this site & under the fan thermo switch heading you'll find all kinds of information that will let you sort your issue out.
There are a couple of options out there.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

if fan goes off when unplugged it's not wired direct, sensor can fail closed. not sure about starter problem but found after mrkt. temp. switch on ebay $43.00

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.