Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I need to get rid of a quasi-forum famous bike known previously as Bloodwing. If you search my username you will find out everything you need to know on the bike. I paid 3k for the bike and I bought it to ride it, but now I am moving and cant take it with. It has just been sitting in front of my house with all her chrome bits pulled off for easy access.

I am selling her for 500 firm. I dont have pictures, beside the one in my avatar.

The bike is not running so you will need a trailer of some kind.

I make no claim on the bikes condition besides the fact that the reason it currently doesnt run is electrical in nature.

This would make the perfect fall/winter project.

Do not waste your time trying to talk me down or asking me to explain everything.

I will answer questions, if they are pertinent.

Its 500 dollars for this bike, come and get the deal of the year!!!

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
imported post

Dang! Just what I was looking for! If I was closer I would buy it right now! Good look. Im sure you find her a good home!

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

How fast do you need it out of there?
Does it still look good like the avatar pic, all the parts there?

I remember your other thread and was hopping you got it going good by now so you'd be riding it.

I'll try to get hold of my dad later tonight, see if I can drop it at his place for awhile and if he has or can get a trailer, still about 10 hr round trip to pick it up even from his place once I get there though.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

It looks like a bike that has been worked on a lot. all the chrome and front lower fairings are removed.

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

Broke Winger wrote:
If I had the money I'd be there tomorrow.
I have the money but for me, tomorrow never comes. Everytime I wake up, it's today. :badgrin:

·
Cyclebusters.com
908 Posts
imported post

PM sent

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Well Gents. This bike is officially in the hands of another Forum member now. 500 cash and some elbow grease gets the bike off and ready to be reborn.

·
Premium Member
12,869 Posts
imported post

Well I am sure sad that were not able to get the bike into good service . Perhaps another day you will be able to find one in good riding condition . Were here if you ever need to chat , your always welcome , no bike needed.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
imported post

I bought the famous bike known as bloodwing and have got it home tonite. Next week will start the tear down to see what it needs. And then maybe ask for some advice on it. Then go from there.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Keep us filled in on her progress and pics as you go. A good thread on BloodWing would nice to see as you progress with her from start to finish.

Glad it went to a forum member, keep it in the family so to speak LOL

I'd have got it but dad wasn't able to pick it up for me up there.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

I've been watching this bike's saga since it showed up on the forum.

I am very interested in what the issue turns out to be.

Congrats on keeping it in the family!!:claps::claps::claps:

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
imported post

I agree. I am very intrested also. I just talked to my brother in law yesterday who is a truck driver and he said it would have been no problem for him to stop and pick it up. If I would have know that I would be the proud owner of that fine machine. Its ok now that I know that there will be other chances.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
imported post

Ok here is what I know about the bike,( couldn't wait to get started on it) the motor is lock up that is why it burnt the cable end on the battery. pulled the starter and it is ok, tried to unlock the motor by useing the stator bolt but someone has already tryied that and stripped the bolt, put it in gear and removed the spark plugs tried to free up the motor no such luck. so what do I do now?

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Pour some diesel in through the spark plug holes leave it for a day or 2 and then try freeing it up ..

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
imported post

dcryder wrote:
I bought the famous bike known as bloodwing and have got it home tonite. Next week will start the tear down to see what it needs. And then maybe ask for some advice on it. Then go from there.
:claps: Good luck with it Dennis!

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
imported post

Pull the timing belt covers off and check for broken belts/missing teeth/lose belts that have jumped.

If the belts look ok pull the cap on the top of the motor to try to see if you're lucky enough for the timing marks to be visible. Basically you want to find out if the timing is right before forcing the motor to turn.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
imported post

see if the spark plugs are rusty or gumed up,and shine a light in the plug hole see what you can,also is there oil in the crank case,clean or dirty>?

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
imported post

spark plugs were clean, drained the oil its dirty but couldn't smell any gas in it. got some pb blaster and soaked the cylinders and let sit for day and half tried to rotate the rear tire but no luck. Resoak the cylinders again and will check again tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.