Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

For the car and truck classic world there are values for restored classics. How doe we find out what our classics are worth in the motorcycle world. I did a complete custom restore on my 83 got over 10K invested and would like to know what the market would be for it.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Yes it is a lovely GL1100. You will never get your investment back, but you probably already know that. Can you put up some bigger pictures so we can all evaluate it?

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

It does look damn sharp, I actually really like the seat. :thumbsup:

As far as what it's worth, forget KBB, forget appraisals, none of it matters. Something is worth what the last guy was willing to pay for it. Usually what I do is hit CL and eBay and check to see what people are ASKING for them compaired to condition, then I go to the eBay completed listings and see what people were actually willing pay, then gauge the condition of yours to theirs and kind of ball park it.

Unfortunatly, it has been my experience that you never get back the money invested in a big project, but for me it's ok because it's almost never about the money when I dig into something like that.

That being said, if I personallly had the money and was in the market for an 1100, I would be willing to pay in the neighborhood of 5,000-6,500, but that's only because that bike is cherry. From the stuff I've seen, most 1100's don't get anywhere near that kind of money though, so it's all about the right buyer at the right time.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

You did a nice job on that 1100. Over here they kind of fetch more money if kept original, or restored to original looking. But I don't think even a mint 1100 Goldwing would attract a 10k bid.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thank you for the compliments everyone:bow:

Yes I do know that I willnot get what I have into it, other than the satisfaction of having a great looking classic. I was going after a new look,rather than original. Park this next to a 1500 or 1800 and from a distance......well you deside?..This is my show and shine, already won best of showat local GWRRA event, next stop will be the National Wing Ding. This bike has every Honda option that was avalible on it.

I do have another bike that ride for my everyday....its a Yamaha Road Star Silverado.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

if that white bike is it... i think you are in good shape for the right buyer...looks like a total gem!

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

THANKS WINGNUT!!!! :claps:

Okay everyone hope this worked.......I put them in two folders on the Gallery under Tonys83 & Tonys83 Continued

Let me try the G spot.... :D

Later on I'll post some that areCloser to as it isnow.... been addinga few things of course!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

thats a pretty bike man, great job!

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

The seat is a Saddleman Road Soffa custom made with the gel inserts. And yes they also made the passanger seat back and the pockets. It was pricey but well worth it for long trips.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
imported post

Wow! I'd be afraid to take it on long trips - I might get a bug on it somewhere! Really beautiful bike.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

Nothing I can add here, that is a gorgeous ride. The only sad thing is you won't gt your investment out of it, it truly is one of kind.

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
imported post

It sure is a nice looking bike alright, but what type of market do you think it might attract? I used to have a `83 Wineberry Aspencade, but if I were trying to relive older days it would have to be stock (and original paint) to be worth my money. It is worth whatever the highest bidder will pay.
Tom Bishop
`98 S.E.

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
imported post

It has been my experience that the more it is altered from stock the less it is worth to a collector. To the average person that does not know the difference,it may not matter.You have deviated considerably from what stock was. So, in my opinion,it is worth what similar bikes are selling for.

On a personal note, the lack of stock exhaust lines would cause me to not even consider this bike. Good luck with your sale.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
imported post

Sweet....Sweet....Sweet,way to go. Nice job of thinking outside the box.Dare to be different:claps::claps::claps:

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
imported post

dude, throw it out there for what ever you think you can live with, let time be on your side

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.