Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My 1983 Aspencade's turn signals work intermittently afteractivating them, sometime they work fine, sometimes they don't work at all, and other times they turn on after activating the switch half way through a turn. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
imported post

Probably your self-cancelling turn signal box. I pulled the plug on mine as it would shut off if I changed lanes.

Oh, and get one of thoseelectronic flashers for $10. Steady, even signal intervals.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
imported post

can just use a 3 prong car relay correct
?

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
imported post

Yes, although I think it's actually a two prong. I seem to remember there being a third wire but you just tape that off. I used the one on my Jeep Cherokee before I sold it.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
imported post

This is frommy 8/'06 post in the archives: "I would have to look but I found an articleon the Internet or maybe here in the archivesthat the Tridon Stant EP 28 will replace the '83 1100 flasher.

I put one on mine andbecause it is square the factory rubber ringwill hold it. You can insert and press a nail into the factory connector (the open end)on the side of the terminals and they will remove from the plastic and fit the terminals on the automotive flasher.

I just wrapped the exposed terminal connections with electical tape and good to go. Everything works perfectly including the cancelling.

Because it is electronic it will also function leds. dj" It has been working perfectly and corrected the problem you are referring to.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
imported post

You are welcome; however, I want to be clear that is was not my idea. I learned it here. This forum and particularily the archives have been my greatest asset in solving those day to day problems with riding an old motorcycle. My thanks, again, to the guys. dj

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.