Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

MY RADIO WORKS FINE BUT THE NUMBERS FOR THE STATIONS AND THE CLOCK NUMBERS ARE NOT SHOWING THE NUMBERS FOR THE CB WORK JUST FINE ALSO AM/PM ARE SHOWING JUST NOT THE LARGER NUMBERS ARE THERE FUSES FOR THESE OR DO I TO SWAP THE DISPLAY BOX

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

sounds like its come disconnected from the radio. look inside the fairing behind the right turn signal. my guess. good luck with it.

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
imported post

If you pull out the left front turn signal you will find about 10 or so in-line fuses in the mass of wires. I don't know if any are for the display you're having trouble with,but its worth checking them. LOL!

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

MNPOPS wrote:
MY RADIO WORKS FINE BUT THE NUMBERS FOR THE STATIONS AND THE CLOCK NUMBERS ARE NOT SHOWING THE NUMBERS FOR THE CB WORK JUST FINE ALSO AM/PM ARE SHOWING JUST NOT THE LARGER NUMBERS ARE THERE FUSES FOR THESE OR DO I TO SWAP THE DISPLAY BOX
:waving:There are two fuses for theAM/FM tuner: a 2 amp for main power and a 1 amp which is backup power. If the radio works and you don't lose your presets then your fuses are OK. There is one wire/cable from the indicator that connects to one coming from the AM/FM tuner and there is not afuse between the tuner and indicator. Since AM/PM are illuminated that means that the connectors are mated. The clock function comes from the AM/FM tuner and there could possibly be a problem in the tuner or the indicator itself. The problem could also be in the radio control unit.

Give Sierra Electronics a call as they might be able to tell youwhat might be causing the problem with the display and they also repair theType II audio systemcomponents. Their toll free number is: 1-800-338-6938

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

My Type II radio cb tape worked fine but only cb display not the radio/clock. I had another display from my other 83 aspencade that had mice destroy the same type system. I opened the right pocket, found the connection, and low and behold, the other indicator worked fine.

Then I took the winshield off, removed the indicator in my second aspencade. A mouse ate the indicator wire and some other stuff too.

The second time mice ate my electronics!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

sandcastcb750 wrote:
My Type II radio cb tape worked fine but only cb display not the radio/clock. I had another display from my other 83 aspencade that had mice destroy the same type system. I opened the right pocket, found the connection, and low and behold, the other indicator worked fine.

Then I took the winshield off, removed the indicator in my second aspencade. A mouse ate the indicator wire and some other stuff too.

The second time mice ate my electronics!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:waving:How did mice get inside your fairing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.