Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hi guys, first post, new to the forum and already begging for help. I just picked up an 1983 1100 Aspencade and it has a .o2 amp current draw at all times. I have pulled all the fuses and it is still there. The only time it stops is when I disconnect the 4 wire plug that connects to the starter relay/main fuse the draw stops, but I realize at this point I have removed batterypotential from the entire system. My current thought is that I mayhave a diode in the regulator that is passing currnt both ways and causing this slight draw. Has anyone had this issue in the past? Thanks for any input. -- WR Dave

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Wow, thanks for all the quick responses. The bike does have all those things on it and even pulling the wire plugs apart left the drain still active. The bike has a new battery and it will draw it down in a few days to the point of not starting. I realize it's a small drain, but it seems to be just enough to be a PITA. The previous owner/s had installed a battery disconnect switch under the left side cover, but then you have to reset clocks, steroes etc, not to mention it's a chicken sh#t way to solve a problem. I'll keep digging, still feels like a regulator diode issue to me. WR Dave

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imported post

Thanks for all the help guys, been really busy , but will dig into some of these ideas over the weekend and hopefully find something to report. Unplugging the VR didn't change anything, so now will see if the radio module has an issue. It's not a huge problem, just one that is the type that I would like to cure. WR Dave

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
imported post

After searching around the wiring, it was determined that the stereo tuner had a bad ground and was back feeding through the system looking for a ground source. After cleaning up the ground points in the wiring harness the current draw is now .006 volts which is completely acceptable and won't kill a battery for a month or two. WR Dave.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.