Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All, Got a issue with getting fluid to the right front brake on my 83 Aspencade. I know it has the linked brake system and the odd thing is that I get some brake pedal in the rear but nothing up front. I removed the master cylinder and cleaned it out real good including the 2 holes. The rear caliper grabs some and releases and the front caliper is a working one off another 83 but nothing happens. I found the compensator/metering union that the rear master is attached too and got fluid out of the line that runs to the front caliper but no fluid up front. This is driving me nuts Ive spent a good amount of time on this with no results. Anyone out there have a similar experience? Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks GF

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
I thought it was the left front that was linked as you sit on the bike??? I guess I should check a manual....yep I checked too..right front..he's correct..and right!!!

So try back feeding the fluid..open bleeder, attach a tube and a syringe filled with brake fluid push it in and back toward the master..may push air back and out. cap off the master and a towel to catch fluid..or drain some first so it doesn't over fill. Problem is that this system's high spot is not at the master. Might also try putting a long tube on the bleeder, tie it up to the handle bars..getting the end above the high point in the system and pump like mad man..FAST and hard.

·
Answer Seeker & Kibitzer
634 Posts
Not sure...

I thought it was the left front that was linked as you sit on the bike??? I guess I should check a manual....
Me too :doh:

Just looked -- on the '83 it is the right front.. according to my manual
The 1500's are left front and rear linked...

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
Mine drove my crazy until I broke down and bought a Mighty Vac. Its a hand vacuum pump that you connect to the bleeder valve and suck the fluid through. It seems to me to work best when you keep vacuum on it and pump the pedal also. Mighty Vac is a brand. There are lots of alternatives out there. Make sure the one you buy if you do has the bottle that catches the fluid.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1983 Aspy linked brake issue Help!!!

Thanks for the reply RB. I have been bleeding with a Harbor freight version of the Mity Vac. All I can get is some wet air.I will try your suggestion of back feeding the MC. I hope it works. It seems odd to get some rear brake and nothing up front though Thanks again GF

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.