Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

So I was going over the ride for the annual safety inspection, and I notice that the brake light goes on when the brake pedal is depressed, but NOT when the front brake lever is.. Looking at the wiring diagram, and seeing there are two wires that plug in the rear of the front lever, it appears this is supposed to light the brake light? Fuses look fine, and I am relatively sure I can get my sticker but still will like to get it working if it supposed to. Has anyone encountered this..? THX :)

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
imported post

The front brake uses a small micro switch to activate the brake light. Those switches can be taken apart and cleaned up and will usually start working. There is only one screw holding it in place. If cleaning does not work they are relatively cheap to purchase at the Dealer.......

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
imported post

Same exact thing happened with me a couple weeks ago during my NY State inspection. Did you actually open up the switch or just clean it and the little plunger? It seems to work just doing that. It doesn't look like it would come apart.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I did remove it it and spray around the plunger but didn't open it up, I also sprayed and toothbrushed the electrical contacts with WD-40, both the male and female ends and that seems to have done the trick:smiler:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.