Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I haveUE a good running decent condition 83 Aspy that I want to sell. I live in Southern, NH. Curious what its worth and what I should put it up for? Have title in my name and the title DOES show as ANTIQUE. ITs loaded with am/fm/cassette, CB, Intercom, digital dash, etc etc. Its reg and runs as is but needs cosmetics on the front lower left fairing and the rear saddle bags covers need paint. I will try to get pics posted but if anyone has thoughts, let me know please. Also it has about 46k miles on it.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

Truthfully, alot can affect value......

The economy,time between when the snow melts and late summer, the price of gas ......and how much work to fix the cosmetics and what "runs as is" means.

I think the maximum price will be about $3000 but may be lower if the buyer sees too much work to fix. If it doesn't run perfect, it may sell between $1000-1500.

You can fish with Ebay or Craigslist.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

In Texas a vehicle is only consider an Antique by the number built, number still running, and the year model.....At one time it was 20 years old and if you do have, say a 1979 Ford pick up , you can register it a a Antique but, you can not drive it but so many miles per year on the highways. Some "Antique" autos that can not run the minimum highway speed limits can only be driven on streets with 40 mph or less speed limits and/or only in organized parades, or tours....These cars must be trailered to that tour, driven on the tour and taken back home on your trailer..So in some states your Wing would have to be re- titled without that "Antique" tag to be ridden....

Things that can and will make it worth that $3000.00 dollars is this, How long ago were the timing belts changed, this is a huge concern as while it is not a real high dollar item, but if they have been changed out it will be worth more....Tires what shape and how new are they....Does all the electronics work as in radio etc..Will it need a new battery, how is the charging system?????..You mention paint...take pictures of areas needing paint and any damaged areas..If the fairing is busted, fairings are getting harder to find everyday in good to great shape, and a fairing in good,not busted and stripped of everything can run up into the $200.00 range.......Engine??? has it been ran on a regular basis??? When was the last major tune-up done??? If the carbs need over hauling this can be done from relatively inexpensive, if someone is a DIY person, and if not carb over hauls can be very high dollar...$400.00 up....

So as you can see there are many many things, some I didn't even touch on, to look at when trying to sell a Wing or any motorcycle....While it's true an Aspy will and does usually bring more money, but it has to be in good shape....I'm not trying to be a wet blanket but just trying to point out that, as mentioned, the economy, and other factors will play a big part in selling it...

Good luck on selling it and my last suggestion is this....Put a price on it as if you were looking at buying it yourself and a price that would make you happy, plus whom ever does buy it....

Claude.....

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I appreciate the info. The bike runs great, charing system works 100%, new battery, etc etc. The radio, cassette player, cb and intercom system ALL work good. The only real issue is that the front left fairing needs pint (scraped off paint but no cracks) and te right rear saddle bag cover needs paint (not origional). It does have aftermarker light kit both front and rear as well as extra chrome here and there. Im thinking maybe in the 2k range? Does that sound far out?

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

What color is this bike? I need another one soon.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
imported post

2k sounds real good maybe I'll sell mine it would be a nice profit. I paid 400 2 years ago and it still aint never let me down

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.