1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
‘83 GL1100 A
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
New here so take it easy on me 🙂
Got possession of a ‘83 GL1100 Aspencade that had sat since 2011. I got this in November, so it’s been sitting in my garage since. Would like to get it road worthy before it either celebrates its 1 year anniversary of staying in the same spot or before it gets too cold again here in Wisconsin 😁
Cleaned the carbs over the Winter. Was told by a local shop to make sure jets were cleaned and everything else should be ok. None of the jets were super duper terrible, surprisingly, but cleaned them up anyways.
Once carbs back in, put fresh gas in, with a little SeaFoam and still doesn’t run perfect. Has some backfires through the intake ports (all 4, probably once each per minute or so) and doesn’t like to idle below about 2500 rpm or so.
Just wondering if anybody had any tips or tricks. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2003 Red Goldwing 1800
255 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you might not have gotten all the passages clean, if you have or have access to an ultra sonic cleaner I would advise removing and recleaning the carbs and the using compressed air to make sure all passages are clean before reassembly.

·
Administrator
28,963 Posts
Was told by a local shop to make sure jets were cleaned and everything else should be ok.
Spoken by a clueless person. Everything, every passage, air and fuel must be cleaned or you do it again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts