Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A buddy of mine has a 1983 gl1100 with a vetter wind jammer. The headlight went out and has no power going to it. I'm looking for a wiring diagram so I can trace down the problem. Is there a relay that cuts the headlight off for starting? I know my 1986 venture has one. Any help my buddy will be thankful Thanks Seemore

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey seemorewood :waving: Your welcome to the forum. :clapper:If you would be good enough to update your profile and tell us what country you live in. :stumped: Some "Guru" is bound to come along this way :walker:very soon and answer your question. :weightlifter:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
247 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks Jerry but I have traced it back to the motorcycle the wiring in the fairing is fine! the prints on the website I did print out for my buddy!! Thanks again, also I gave someone my email address that had the wiring diagram but he hasn't replied,hope to hear from you soon Thanks Dave

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum. :clapper::clapper::clapper:There is no relay to cut off the headlight during starting. The ground for the headlight is wired through the start button so it is interrupted when pressed. If you have no power at the headlight you may want to check the simple things first like fuse. Then go on to tracing wires. Good Luck

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks for the help winger!!!! The fuse is good I have power on both sides, I also took it out and checked with an ohm meter so the fuse is good! Still could use that diagram!!!!! Anyway thanks for the help this is a great forum!!!!!:clapper: hopefully next year I retire the Venture and get a new 05 or 06 goldwing but I haven't told the wife yet!!!!!!:baffled:Thanks Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.