Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi Everyone, I know this issue or simular issues have been posted in the past and I added some information to the one I read but it's an older post and don't know how to link to it so here is my problem. I have a 1983 GL1100A Aspencade with a Clarion II radio CB/Intercom system. I don't have unswitched power to my radio/clock memory. I've traced all my lines and all the fuses test good. It looks as if a previous owner robbed the unswitched power from the memory to wire up a cigerette lighter/accessory plug and left no rements of the wire coming from the radio. My question is does anyone have a wire schematic of the wires coming out of the radio or at least know which wire is the memeroy wire. I'm a electrician by trade and have some electronic experience soif I knew which wire coming off the radio itself I'm confident I can get everything working. Thanks in Advance, any and all help is much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
imported post

I believe that the memory wire is the red one and is connected to a 1 amp fuse up behind the left signal.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Yeah, that's how I read the Goldwing Schematics except my red wire with the 1A fuse is now going to the cigeratte lighter which is why I'm looking for info on the wires coming off the radio itself. I may just have to start tying into red wires coming off the radio with a 1a fused wire right from the battery and see what happens.

I've traced all the wires and marked them with their amperage and if wire is switched or unswitched:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
imported post

Would it be better to reconnect your radio wires as per OEM and then run your cigarette lighter from the accessory terminal of the fuse box? Or directly (fused) from the battery?

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I agree but can't do that without knowing what wire coming off the radio is the one to reconnect with it's former 1A fuse. I guess I can use my temperary fused wire to find to correct wire coming off the radio then disconnect the cigarette lighter, connect the memory wire and as per your suggestion wire the lighter up to an accessory fuse or directly to the battery (fused of course) :) Thanks gido

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

It's taken some time to get back but want to let anybody else know what I found. After wiring the radio back to the 1A fuse I pushed in all the connectors at the back of the radio and for the past month I've had no further preset issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.