Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i just traded a riding lawnmower for a beautiful '83 aspencade.I have power to the clock but the radios,cassette and intercom dont appear to work nor does my voltage meter.i checked all my fuses in the faring and fuse block.an accurate schematic (color coded)would be a great help also any tips.this makes my second wing.i have two gl1100A's and a1968 old school triumph 650 trophy chopper that my son and i built and a 1963 triumph 200 mountain cub.thanks for any help and thanks for welcomeing me in as a member.ROLL TIDE ROLL.:action:

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
imported post

Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]
[/align]
[align=center]Welcome TIDE PRIDE RIDE[/align]

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts
imported post

WELCOME:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
imported post

Hi. Do a search for Clarion Radio in the tech forum. You'll get lots of answers there.

I hope that you're a fan of the Harry Potter series. It's taken me almost three years to get my Aspy radio etc. working correctly. Still a couple of hiccups left to deal with. And Harry Potter? Well, you'll be amazed at how much magic is going to be involved!

It all works well when it's working.

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
imported post

Welcome, WelcomeTo Steve Saunders Goldwing Forum.If you have any questions no matter how trivial they may seem this forum is the place to ask them. What I have noticed is that some of the people here were :15red:'sin their previous lives and can answer any question you have. Theforums that I get the most from are::

Goldwing Technical Forum

General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

These have the best info aboutGoldwing’s and are where you ask questions and can get help..

For Sale/Wanted ForumGood stuff for Sale or if you have old parts sitting around the garage you would like to get rid of....

:18red::15red::12red::11red:

And when all you need is a good laugh to start your day try the:: Fun Forum After that it’s up to you which of the others you will like the best all I can do is suggest.

Again Welcome to the Forum...

Oh and did I mention everyone here loves pictures.. Show us some of yours... Even if it’s not a Goldwing just a pretty view

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

thanks to all of you for your welcome and the info.i put a new battery and could not find a loose ground anywhere,all though that is still not out of the realm of possibility. Thank you all,TIDE PRIDE RIDE.

·
Loyal member
276 Posts
imported post

Try unplugging and replugging your connectors associated with the unit as they will corrode over time and with lack of use.Also do the same with the revelant fuses.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
imported post

Somewhere I've written down how many fuses are in the rat's nest in the faring behind
the left signal. Maybe 9? I found that one of my problems was that a fuse which
looked good and tested good wasn't good. Usually because the end cap was loose.
Cheap insurance to replace all of them.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

gido wrote:
Hi. Do a search for Clarion Radio in the tech forum. You'll get lots of answers there.
I hope that you're a fan of the Harry Potter series. It's taken me almost three years to get my Aspy radio etc. working correctly. Still a couple of hiccups left to deal with. And Harry Potter? Well, you'll be amazed at how much magic is going to be involved!

It all works well when it's working.
I absolutely HATE Harry Potter, probably because my youngest daughter is the biggest HP fan on earth. I took her to see one of the movies, and she has not yet forgiven me for falling asleep during it.

There is really no magic involved in electrical circuits, though it does seem that way sometimes. Electricity follows the laws of physics just like everything else, and you have to deal with it in a logical, deliberate, and methodical manner. I am referring to ELECTRICAL here, not ELECTRONIC, which to me means DIGITAL. Your '83 has nothing digital on it, so it is just a matter of tracking things down.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.