Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need 16 new threaded studs for my bike can you still get them new or do i need to find something to match. And i want to upgrade my headlight to 100 wat do i need to relay it or will it be ok without wanting tp add a halo for day running

·
Administrator
25,378 Posts
There aren't 16 threaded studs anywhere on it, what do you need? You would absolutely have to relay a 100 watt headlight, 2 relays, 1 for high and 1 for low.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I need the threaded parts on the valve rockers and the 10mm nut i dont remeber the name of them but mine are worn down it worries me the might damage the top of valves..just a preventive measures before it does damage.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks Dave i got a new headlite with a led haylow i will power swith the low beam relay so i can turn off headlights in day time and have led haylow on and keep highbeam on acc power for relay so i can kick it on fast if need be.

·
Administrator
25,378 Posts
I need the threaded parts on the valve rockers and the 10mm nut i dont remeber the name of them but mine are worn down it worries me the might damage the top of valves..just a preventive measures before it does damage.
How do you know they are worn? They are rounded on the end originally. There are only 8 of them per engine BTW.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your right dave wasnt counting on my fingers right when i ajusted the they looked worn wasn't rounded i have a freind was doing his he came over and pointed out how they was.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also have a question seem when i turn radio up past half way it acts like it is not get ampers to amp has static changed speakers but no luck

·
Registered
71 Posts
Your right dave wasnt counting on my fingers right when i ajusted the they looked worn wasn't rounded i have a freind was doing his he came over and pointed out how they was.

looked worn? compared to a new one? how many miles? did u measure them to spec in tech manual? doubt very much they are worn, these engines put a lot of oil into the camshaft/rocker area.

100w bulb yes relays as mentioned, but why with the LED bulbs out there today? less work, wiring, relays, etc. and much better light output compared to a 100w, plus less drain on the stator.

one of the better LED bulbs to use, https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/
on going reviews

https://advrider.com/f/threads/led-headlight-bulb-replacement-modules.948701/page-199

1 - 13 of 13 Posts