Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Good morning to all, could someone please tell me what grade of motor oil does my bike take and how many quarts? Also is this an easy task to do.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

the 1000 and the 1100 take 3.4 qts. of oil with filter change. i dump in 3 qts and top off using the remainder. watch the sight glass. also , put on center stand when changing and filling , checking level.

i use castrol 20/50 gtx year round down here.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

carltonknigh wrote:
Thanks for your help. this site is really good. I like it alot.:applause:
:waving:yep , sure is the best site , i`ve come across. enjoy.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
imported post

You should buy a service manual, Clymer, Haynes or the Honda one. That way you can keep the info on hand as a reference.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
imported post

You should buy a service manual, Clymer, Haynes or the Honda one. That way you can keep the info on hand as a reference.

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
imported post

How many use a standard motor oil or do we all use an oil specifically for motorcycles :stumped::stumped::stumped:

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

I've used Rotella t, Delo 400, Delvac 1300, and Walmart 15/40 and 20/50 wt. Why don't I use a motorcycle specific oil? The owners manual doen't call for it. It says to use an SAE 10/40 wt oil. It doesn't say anything about using motorcycle oil, and you know what ? they were right. My bikes almost 30 years old and not too many things you buy these days last that long, and still perform like they should.

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
imported post

I too use a regular 10w-40 motor oil won't say what brand cause I don't want this thread to get ugly about brands of oil, keeping it change when it's due is half the battle:coollep::coollep::coollep:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.