Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

1983 GL1100 For Sale. $1,500.00. It has 49,000 miles on it. It has always been serviced with Honda oil and filters. Dunlap Elite II tires ridden 3000 miles. It has a new Plexifaring windshield, new timing belts, hoses, thermostat, spark plugs and rear brake rotor and pads. The starter was rebuilt this Spring. It has a front light bar with 35 amp driving lights.It has Shoei Hard saddlebags and trunk. Execellent condition with air adjustable shocks. Location: Knoxville, TN.

·
Premium Member
20,611 Posts
imported post

Bernie?? You gettin' rid of the Wing??? :shock:

Are you going to get another one or just ride the Vulcan??

For those of you who don't know Dubswing............I've met him and he is a stand up guy. If I could bring his 1100 back to Kansas, I would buy it in a second! :cooldevil:The only problem there is no more room in the garage with the 1800, the Cyclemate trailer, the 68 Mustang, Me Too's Honda Accord, and My full size Silverado pickup.

If I brought Bernie's Wing home............I would have to sleep outside :?

Good Luck Bernie with the sale!:waving:

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Flyone,

Right now I am just going to ride the Vulcan and look for an 1800 possibly down the road. The GL1100 is a great bike and will make someone a treasure but I just can't keep both at the moment. I have way more than $1500 in it but thought if a forum member got it, it would be taken care of the way I have.

Bernie

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

I tell ya, if I had a spare 1500 right now that bike would be taking the place of my mower in the side shed of my shop!!

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
imported post

Flyone wrote:
Bernie?? You gettin' rid of the Wing??? :shock:

Are you going to get another one or just ride the Vulcan??

For those of you who don't know Dubswing............I've met him and he is a stand up guy. If I could bring his 1100 back to Kansas, I would buy it in a second! :cooldevil:The only problem there is no more room in the garage with the 1800, the Cyclemate trailer, the 68 Mustang, Me Too's Honda Accord, and My full size Silverado pickup.

If I brought Bernie's Wing home............I would have to sleep outside :?

Good Luck Bernie with the sale!:waving:
I'll help you bring it back, in fact if you buy it you can store it at my place for free:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
imported post

Looks really nice in your little picture there. Do you have any other pictures you could post?

Sorry, My wife won't go for another one.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

These pictures do not show the Plexifaring windshield that you see im my avatar.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Heartattackbill, a forum member from Kansas City, MO. is buying my beloved Gold Wing!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Why does this type of stuff always come up when I'm so broke I can't even pay attention. :(

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

Mike,

I know what you mean; I normally do not have 2 pennies to rub together. That is why I bought the Vulcan when I saw it. Then I realized I had to sell the Wing to offset expenses. Wish I could have kept it. I priced it really cheap for what I had invested in it so somebody is getting a bike I put a lot of love into; but that is what I do with every vehicle I get. Long term plans are to own a GL1800 about the time I retire. I also have a friend in England that I would love to visit and ride with for a week or two. He sends the best pictures of his rides and the friends he rides with.

Bernie

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,881 Posts
imported post

Bernie, you'll just have to stick around here on our forum so you don't forget who we are :cooldevil:

That way, when you get that 1800, you will just mould right in without anyone even noticing :D

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
imported post

John, I could never forget all you guys!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
imported post

Hi all, right after I sent Bernie the money to buy his GL1100 I suffered my 6th heart attack. I am home now and feeling better every day but my riding days may be over. If anyone that wanted Bernie's bikeis still interested, I will step aside and let them have it. Bernie's intention was that someone from our forum would get his bike, that is why his priceis so reasonable. I'm afraid that if I end up with Bernie's bike I will probably have to sell it. If any member wants to keep Bernie's bike in the family give him holler.

Bill (HeartAttackBill)

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
imported post

Dang Bill! Just because your screen name is "Heart Attack", doesn't mean you have to live up to it!:shock: Sorry to hear about your misfortune and I hope you feel better soon.

Take care of yourself,

:coollep:SB in SC

·
Premium Member
20,611 Posts
imported post

Our prayers go out to you Bill............

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
imported post

Just as I have made friends with Flyone and the rest of the great members of this forum, (Heartattackbill) Bill has become a friend. Please send your prayers his way. Someone that hasthe passion for life that Bill has needs our prayers and support.

Thanks!

Bernie

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

HeartAttackBill wrote:
Hi all, right after I sent Bernie the money to buy his GL1100 I suffered my 6th heart attack. I am home now and feeling better every day but my riding days may be over. If anyone that wanted Bernie's bikeis still interested, I will step aside and let them have it. Bernie's intention was that someone from our forum would get his bike, that is why his priceis so reasonable. I'm afraid that if I end up with Bernie's bike I will probably have to sell it. If any member wants to keep Bernie's bike in the family give him holler.

Bill (HeartAttackBill)
Don't even think you're riding days are over, never. I've had 2 heart attacks, 1 triple bypass and 7 stents in my heart right now. Did I give up riding? Heck no, I didn't even buy Old Ghost till after my triple bypass and 2nd attack. Stay strong and have no doubts.

Prayers winging your way for a fast recovery!!

·
Premium Member
20,611 Posts
imported post

Shameless bump for Dubswing and Heartattackbilland his 1100.

I personally know Bernie and his ride and both of them are top shelf! :)

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
imported post

Crap.Thats one of those deals I'm never in line for.Would love to come your way with a fist full of dollars and ride it home.Right now I'm committed to "Lazarus" and I know by the time I'm back in the market your prize will be gone.Thanks for thinking of the forum first.That was real nice of you.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
imported post

Thanks again Flyone for the kind words. Sorry I had to miss everyone in Calhoun. A fellow is coming for the second look at the 1100 today with his brother. I think he may take it home with him. If not, there are several who may still be interested. One of the reasons I posted here first is the close relationships that I have formed with this group. I want my Wing to be ridden and cared for properly. A wonderful bike that gives and gives and I will miss it.

Bernie

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.