Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1983 Honda Goldwing 1100. I get a bad rattling noise whenever I take off or when the motor is under strai, any ideas on what it might be?

·
Registered
211 Posts
does the noise sound like a bunch of marbles in the motor? does the noise go away above 2000 rpm? if so it's probably the primary chain. when was the last time you synced the carbs?

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
When i had an 83 the local shops here told me that was normal for an 1100..The old saying "they all do it". I didn't have it long enough to figure it out. Got rearended and totalled after only having it a few months. Sounds like crap when taking off from a dead stop.. Like it was pinging really bad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the Comments, I will check the carburetors. The noise is more of a rattle it mainly happens when I first take off, or if the engine is under strain, like going up a hill in high gear. if I give a little more gas when I take off it doesn't rattle.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
It might get better with a carb sync but chances are you will never get rid of it... quite normal for the 1100 at low rpm...

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Sounds normal, you need to give it more gas when taking off and feather the clutch. Keep the rpm's up .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.