Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am have low readings on my gas, temp. guages. Is there a reg. and where is it located. Tim

·
Premium Member
3,790 Posts
imported post

Yes, there should be a 7vdc regulator on your Wing. I believe it's behind the instrument cluster. Check the manual and keep watching your post... :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
imported post

The 1200 Standard does not have the LCD dash, and looks just like the 81 and 82 1100 dash - with tach, speedo, like the one seen in the right side of this image:

This bike (the 1200 Standard) DOES have the exact same 7 volt regulator as the 1100, and it is located in exactly the same place (behind the light/fuel/temperature gauge cluster).

The Interstate and Aspencade, which have the LCD dash, do not have a separate 7 volt regulator, and drive the gauges directly off the LCD panel. The 83 GL1100 Aspencade (also with LCD panel) is the same.

This is according to the schematics that I have examined.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

My bike does not have the LCD . So does it have the reg. 1984 1200 interstate

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I called myself looking good inside and out ,but I will take another good look. Thanks for your help!!!!! Tim:clapper:

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Ok I took the cluster apart again and did not find the voltage reg,but while looking the harnace over i did find a small box with 2 wires taped to the other wires. I could not find what this is on the wireing scem. Any thoughts

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
imported post

I wonder if yours has already been replaced once? The regulator definitely has three wires - one that goes to +12V, one that goes to ground, and one that screws to the back of the gauges, that is the 7V output.

Here's a picture of how it mounts on the frame - this is an 1100, but yours should be the same. It's the little gold box:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.