Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling my 1984 GL 1200. It has been sitting in my shop for 6 yrs since it went down with starter problems. Will need starter fixed, battery, and some radiator repair. I ran Stabil through the fuel system before I turned the key off, but it has been a long time. I intended on fixing it, but because of age and health issues I realize it isn't going to happen. $750 negotiable. Located Andrews, Tx.
Phone 432-664-6598.

·
Just Winging It
3,327 Posts
I'd love to have it but I think that's to far me.:sadguy: I'll ask the wife she has end stage renal disease so more than a days drive away is hard for her. thousand miles.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeff, I'd set it on your doorstep if I could. Prayers for your wife.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
He said in Title it is an Interstate.

·
Just Winging It
3,327 Posts
He also said it is in his garage and he is in not the best of physical condition (probably unable to load the bike in a trailer) and the bike is not running. Anyone wanting this bike should see the bike in the garage and load it themselves. It wouldn't hurt to take some help.

If I could I'd ride the bus down there, buy the bike and fix it in his garage (and help out around his house if I could) then ride home but I can not. Sounds like it needs a battery, starter rebuild, water pump, maybe a thermostat although they usually don't go out IMO.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, I have been out of pocket with shoulder surgery and vacation. Bike is still for sale.
I'm in Andrews (west texas). Can't deliver, but can help you get it on a trailer. Bike has 89,648 miles. I would also consider keeping it if anyone on the forum in this area knows how to work on these starters and wants to make a little $$ on the side. It looks like it's pretty hard to get to. I'm not dead yet, but I just can't get after these projects like I once could. Thanks, George Link phone 432-664-6598

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.