Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1984 GL1200 fork rebuild

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  CrystalPistol 
#1 ·
I've found a couple of good threads on the how to do the fork rebuild, but I haven't found anyone listing the complete set of consumables to do a fork rebuild. Does anyone out there have that?

#2 · (Edited)
#3 ·
I'm talking about a full list of wear items. Bushings, seals, etc. I am adding progressive springs and 15 weight oil.

#4 ·
Tonimus, You have a private message.....that should help....!

Depending on your weight, two-up riding etc. etc., you may want to use 10 wt with the Progressive springs.

I am not a "full figured" person and I am using 10 wt fork oil......!!

Ah yeah, I am aware of what Progressive recommends. But that doesn't always work best for everyone.....!!

Just like shoes......one size doesn't fit all.....................:ROFL:

#5 ·
If it's your first time with this bike, I'd say get the seals and bushing up front.

The '84 has and extra set of bushings.

Look at the fiche and make sure you have the needed o-rings. Some, like #61, you have to get from Honda. I think, no matter how carefully you plan, you always end up needing to run to a parts store for an o-ring or washer.

#6 ·
The list I came up with:
#68x2 top bolt o-ring
#65x4 air crossover o-rings
#39x2 Fork seal set
#15x2 backup ring
#16x2 guide bushing
#17x4 slider bush
#60x2 special washer
#69x2 (I think this is the anti-dive housing molded o-ring)

#66 should also be on the list but isn't available. 37.5x2mm o-ring. I think this is a JIS S38 o-ring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.