Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

OK ....looked back and didn't see a topic addressing this. I have the front tire ALMOST off ....but can't unhook the speed sensor from the speedo gear box. The bike has aftermarket beauty rings over the disk brakes and there seems to be the problem?Need advice on how to get the rings off to remove the set screw on speed sensor?

Any help would be GREAT ...thanks in Advance

Brent in Texas!

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

Brent, I think you have the chromecovers that cover the whole brake disk each side. They do make life difficult. Two optins for this.; Pull the wheel axle right out and leave the left chromecover in place with the speedo drive, the wheel will clear it. You can also pull the axle out and the speedo drive will drop enough that you can get to the screw, that way you can remove the chrome cover as well.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

On my 82, the cure was using a short 90 degree angle philips screw driver as you can't go straight in on it with a straight screwdriver. I also have the disc covers and they are not a problem with the cable removal

You probably know, but when you put the tire back on, make sure you have the arrows facing forward on the keepers. Tighten down the front nut first (two grunts and a groan-apporx. 60ft.lb.) and then tighten the rear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.