Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Can anyone tell me what items I can use on my Interstate that would have been on an Aspencade? Is the wiring harness the same for the two bikes? Is it possible to "upgrade" an Interstate by adding the "Aspencade" items that the Interstate didn't come with???

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

The harness is different. The Aspencade LCD hash is also different and may not work with the Interstate speed sensor, but I'm not sure about that.
If you repost this in the Technical forum or ask a moderator to move this thread over there, you will get more definitive replies.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

As far as I know, in 1984 the wiring harness is identical.

The LCD dash will require you buy a speed digitizer for the speed drive.

What year bike are we talking about, and what kind of upgrades are you looking for?

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Well, I have a 1984. I've had the fairing apart (pockets and such removed, fairing lowers removed, faux shelter removed...) and I've found a lot of wiring and plugs that are there to be plugged into something...but there's nothing plugged into them. So, I figured that perhaps that meant that some of the same stuff that was used on the Aspencade would also work on the Interstate, if I were able to find it....as for what I want to put on it, I would have to see an Aspencade to get some ideas. I don't think I want the digital dash, because I believe they have a lot of problems with those....and they are costly to fix or replace...I've got to figure out how to remove the speedometer assembly on mine because the speedometer is noisy. Going to try lubricating the cable, if that doesn't work I'll replace the cable...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.