Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm rebuilding the carbs this weekend. Does anyone have a common household something that can be used to keep the diaphragm seated in the groove while trying to put the cover on? The diaphragm is a little tight and keeps coming off before I can get the lid on.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Try vasoline or some light duty grease. Use very LITTLE. Have heard of people using mild glue(elmers?).
Try holding up on slide with finger in throat of carb. While at the same time installing cap and spring. Have the natural arc or rubber holding the slide up.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Are you holding the side up so that the diaphragm is flat while you're installing the cover?

·
It aint rocket science
3,966 Posts
Yup, like above hold the slide in a neutral position of the diaphragm before starting to put cap and spring on.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great advice! I would not have thought this would have worked but it did. I ended up just using the little finger so I had the thumb available to work with. The spring was a bit of a pain in the a$$ but got it. All four are clean and assembled. Have new fuel lines and vacuum lines for the entire assembly. I'll see if I can get that together tomorrow.:claps:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.