Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I routinely replace all bulbs and unmate and clean all connecters when Iget a "New" bike. The 2 manuals specify a #57 instrument bulb; so I bought a dozen #57s( like a flashlight bulb with a round glass envelope and abayonet base (metal with a center contact).

I went to replace the 12 bulbs in the instrument cluster to find the bulbs were about 0.75"(19 mm) in overall length, 0.24" (6 mm) in diameter with wire lead style contacts. I download a Sunray bulb catalog and searched. It looks like this is a #74 bulb (14V, 0.1 Amp, 0.7 MSCP, 0.8" or 20mm overall length,0.23 " or 5.8 mm diameter, 500 hour average life, automotive application bulb.

I would appreciate guidance on the bulb number.

Thanks, Bob Rust Albuquerque, NM :waving:

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

The #74 is what we all use for replacement, simply because the originals have to be ordered from Honda and are never actually in stock.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Yup, yup, just put in a bunch of #74s in the side markers on my saddlebags and a couple up front!

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

Is that the same as a T4 by any chance?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

philcsand wrote:
Is that the same as a T4 by any chance?
Nope, T4s are 120V and about twice as large!

:waving::15red::waving:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

rustybob11 wrote:
I routinely replace all bulbs and unmate and clean all connecters when Iget a "New" bike. The 2 manuals specify a #57 instrument bulb; so I bought a dozen #57s( like a flashlight bulb with a round glass envelope and abayonet base (metal with a center contact).

I went to replace the 12 bulbs in the instrument cluster to find the bulbs were about 0.75"(19 mm) in overall length, 0.24" (6 mm) in diameter with wire lead style contacts. I download a Sunray bulb catalog and searched. It looks like this is a #74 bulb (14V, 0.1 Amp, 0.7 MSCP, 0.8" or 20mm overall length,0.23 " or 5.8 mm diameter, 500 hour average life, automotive application bulb.

I would appreciate guidance on the bulb number.

Thanks, Bob Rust Albuquerque, NM :waving:
Bob, NAPA parts stores in my area have #74 bulbs, about a buck each.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

Even most bike shops use 74's, because they are easier to get and cheaper too. Take it from me, I've worked in a few.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.