Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Santa brought me a new Goldwing for christmas. The only bad part about that is having to roll my 84 out of the garage to make room for the new bike. So I have decided to sell it. I posted it on craigslist and was bombarded with bogus SCAM offers to buy it site unseen. So I decided to list it here where the true gold wing lovers are located.

I am selling a 1984 Goldwing Interstate, in Bayville, New Jersey. The bike has 112K long distance miles on it. It runs excellent and rides excellent. It is wineberry red with beautiful landscape scenes painted on the fairing and saddlebags. The chrome is a bit faded and scrached. The only mechanical issue is starter fade when the engine is hot. Also, there is a crack in the trunk but it doesnt seem to leak. Im asking $1500, but will accept the best reasonable offer as I dont want it to sit out in the weather too long eventhough it is covered. I start it and ride it everyday to make sure it stays in shape. It runs excellent. I will try to attach some photos below. If interested, please email me with any questions. I will not respond to anyone looking to buy it site unseen and with cashiers checks.

Thanks Guys....Mike

Attachments

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
imported post

That is a nice looking bike. You will have no trouble selling it sight unseen...;)

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

Would you be coming to the midwest with a pick up truck anytime soon? Wife may not think it would be nessesary but I could find room in the garage for a 1200.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Sorry....My pickup truck wouldn't make it to the mid west....but the bike would. :DIts been there a few times already. Thanks for your interest though. I could arrange shipping if your really interested. Let me know...its killing me to have to leave it outside.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thankyou....I am just leary of the scam artists. Even Motorcycle Cruiser Magazine had an article about it this month. The checks clear your account, you ship the bike, and two weeks later the check bounces on the other side when it hits the buyers bike....then your bank comes after you for the money with penalties. Very risky. Besides...except for you Gold Wing Gurus who can fix anything...who would buy a bike without a test ride? So thats why its listed here...

Merry Christmas to all!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

Mickeyd1220, could you send a few more pics of the bike? My finacee's nephew has been thinking about a new bike and was intriqued by it. Pics of the other side, font end, rear and a close up of the dash setup would be nice.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
imported post

I recently purchased a 1984 Interstate for $1,800. I definitely would not buy any vehicle site unseen. My wife and I traveled 5 hours one way just to check it out and give it a test drive. One does take the chance that the seller could sell it to someone else before you get there. You should'nt have any trouble selling it. Looks good for the money.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
imported post

I just got my 82 site unseen and it turned out to be a very good bike with only on issue and the gentleman was very open and honest about it, He is one of very few that still believe your word is your bond i did the same for him with my truck i traded him I was lucky but like you said Wingers are usually very straight forward and honest but you do have a few bad apples
Your bike is a very sharp Wing I love the Paint job in it That alone looks to worth what you are asking for the bike

Wolfy

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

I will gladly send you a full series of pics of all sides. What is your email address? I dont think i can list more then 1 pic here. You can email me at [email protected].

Thanks, Mike

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
imported post

mickeyd1220 wrote:
Besides...except for you Gold Wing Gurus who can fix anything...who would buy a bike without a test ride?
I bought my 85 1200 sight unseen although I did see many close up pic.s and talked a few times with PO over the phone. Did a bank transfer from my acct. , Flew to NM and drove the bike back solo. Took a few chances there but glad I did as I got a GREAT bike for a good price.:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

mickey1220,

Tell US! What kind of Wing did Santa Bring You? Next time I see that guy,,well...?????

Nightrider1

mickeyd1220 wrote:
Santa brought me a new Goldwing for christmas. The only bad part about that is having to roll my 84 out of the garage to make room for the new bike. So I have decided to sell it. I posted it on craigslist and was bombarded with bogus SCAM offers to buy it site unseen. So I decided to list it here where the true gold wing lovers are located.

I am selling a 1984 Goldwing Interstate, in Bayville, New Jersey. The bike has 112K long distance miles on it. It runs excellent and rides excellent. It is wineberry red with beautiful landscape scenes painted on the fairing and saddlebags. The chrome is a bit faded and scrached. The only mechanical issue is starter fade when the engine is hot. Also, there is a crack in the trunk but it doesnt seem to leak. Im asking $1500, but will accept the best reasonable offer as I dont want it to sit out in the weather too long eventhough it is covered. I start it and ride it everyday to make sure it stays in shape. It runs excellent. I will try to attach some photos below. If interested, please email me with any questions. I will not respond to anyone looking to buy it site unseen and with cashiers checks.

Thanks Guys....Mike

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

Nightrider1 wrote:
mickey1220,

Tell US! What kind of Wing did Santa Bring You? Next time I see that guy,,well...?????
If I was selling on CraigList, I would go Cash, Not sight unseen, and Nothing else. Here, I would sell sight unseen. I will not lie about nothing. It isn't worth loosing your soul, plus your word is you reputation. Like Fleabay, I have 100% Positive for 4 years, buying and seling. Been selling more lately tha buying though!

Nightrider1

mickeyd1220 wrote:

Thanks Guys....Mike

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Santa brought me a 1995, 20th Aniversary SE....White. Only has 4800 Miles on it. Sad story there....but suffice it to say...I got a practicaly brand new 95 that was lost in a time warp. As for craigs list and being honest...its the only way to go. I couldnt look at my self in the mirror if I sold someone a bike that was going to fall apart under them. My 84 has issues that I have already disclosed and will go over the entire bike with interested buyers part by part to ensure they will be happy with it and with me after the sale. I love this bike and would keep it if I had room...so I want it to go to someone who will love it as well. Buy the way...your 85 is beautiful!!! Lots of luck with it. I will sell remotly to someone on this forum...and a bank transfer is a good idea...will keep it in mind.

Thanks for your input....Mike

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Sorry....mixed you up with someone else...but your 80 is a real beauty as well. I love Gold Wings... I would hang them on the wall as art if I could...;).

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

The bank transfer sounds like a good idea. Thanks!! Your 84 is Beautiful. Best of luck with it. I will sell remotly so someone on this forum. Craigs list....no way.

Thanks, Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.