Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Anybody else have problems with the right rear plug cavity filling up with water when it rains heavily. Unless I put my bike on the center stand (hernia, anyone?), I find water in the plug cavity on the right rear every time any amount of rain falls (like it is right now here in Toronto).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
imported post

I believe there is supposed to be a drain hole in the well. Look to see if yours is plugged. Small wire should be able to open it up. I am sure someone with more knowledge will be by shortly.

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
imported post

hockeydad33 wrote:
I believe there is supposed to be a drain hole in the well. Look to see if yours is plugged. Small wire should be able to open it up. I am sure someone with more knowledge will be by shortly.
hockeydad33, not much can be added to your good information..

Twisty

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks guys...I found the little hole...just out of curiosity, where does the water go once it drains down through that little hole?

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

onto the ground !!... LOL... LOL    LOL    Might want to try this accessory   if you insist on living in Tarana                                                                                                                   http://www.tourkingcovers.com/                                                                                                        Did you clean out the other three holes as well ??? SilverDave /forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

The guys are all correct.. Each cylinder has a drain hole beneath each spark plug.. Over time, dirt, corrosion and crud builds up and blocks the holes.. A piece of wire or a small drill bit will clean them out.. You won't have any more problems once that's done..

The drains are open at the bottom and allow moisture to just run onto the ground.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks Renegade...I should have known that I would have gotten a serious well, thought out reply from a guy in your neighbourhood. SilverDave lives only a mile or two from my brother, so I expect a bit more "down home humour" when I get response from that neck of the woods.

Just out of curiosity, do you sound like "Norm" on the "New Yankee Workshop", or do youi sound more like Tip O"Neill?:grinner:

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Thanks Dean.. I'm just an old Viet Nam war vet who enjoys good English.. :gunner2:

I have a humorous side, but it takes a few beers to bring it out.. LOL :blackstuff:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.