Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I did 500 miles last saturday on my 84 Interstate and the bike performed flawlessly. I could have probably pulled the SS1000 IBA ride out on this bike with very minor discomfort, however the stock shape of the handlebars does not agree with my right wrist, I am in need of surgery for deterioration of the wrist joint but until then is there anybody who has changed the way the handlebars come back? Such as heating them up shaping them more straight out instead of coming back at the OEM angle? I have a throttle lock but unless you are on the super slab it's not very safe and all day sunday my wrist and right forearm were numb. I don't get this from my Suzuki Bandit so I'm thinking it's the shape of the handlebars. Thanks.

Jeff

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Two suggestions. I found changing the angle of the handlebars on my 1500 to make a great difference. I was getting serious wrist pain in my wrists. I lowered the ends of the bars about 1 1/2" by loosening the clamps and dropping the bar ends.That made a great improvement, no more pain. Also installing a cruise control is about the best thing you can do for long rides. A Rostra or Audiovox all electronic unit is reasonably easy to adapt to the bike. These are single piece units, control, actuator and all in one box. There are several members on the forum who have installed cruise controls on their bikes. Do a search on Audiovox or Rostra and you'll see a lot of information on the subject

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.