Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:(I have a friend with a 1984 Kawasaki 1300 .His O2 sensor failed last fall and they seem to be impossible to find.Does anyone have any ideas where one could be found or if you can bypass this sensor.Bernie has tried the KOWee sites with no sucsess.Hoping maybe somone here with the vast knowledge of bikes could help! I know I have got fantastic advice here on my GL1100.

Thanks for any help.

Ron

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

I am not familiar with that particular bike, but I do know for a fact the O2 sensors are always without fail located ahead and behind the Cats on the exhaust systems on any bike.

If this one has only two they will be on the down flow side of the cats. They are fitted into welded bosses in the exhaust.

As that is an 84 , quite possible it does not have any.

Kit

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

I just checked the Kawi forum I use - and saw your buddy had already joined, and posted there 6 days ago. I looked at the parts diagrams for the cylinder head, exhaust system, and fuel injection system for that bike, and didn't see an O2 sensor. I'm not familiar with the bike, andmay have missed it.

This [clicky] diagram shows an "air temperature sensor" which looks like an O2 sensor to me. I've listed the part numbers and prices at the bottom of the page. This information is available at http://tinyurl.com/2yg4s9

Parts may also be ordered through them.

Maybehe could get a part No. from the old one, and "Google" it ??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.